26 May, 2009

Poison Envy

In this post of mine I want to talk about a breed of people who have this bad feeling called envy. This feeling is the desire to have something good or valuable possessed by others…You must be wondering what is wrong in having this desire!! Nothing is wrong , but the effects of jealousy are worst. It’ll lead to unfair criticism, unhealthy ego and self-intoxication . People with this disease called jealousy tend to look down on others and try to be an obstacle in their path to success.
You can find the symptoms of this disease in people around .It is generally Critical attitude (without the sense of helping others),high ego(I know everything on this earth)and want for undue attention .I hav’nt studied much of psychology to go deep into this subject but I do have an interest in learning behavioral attributes of humans..
I want to share a story with you. A man had a dog which could walk on water. He called some of his friends to go hunting in the nearby river for ducks. He shot many ducks with his gun and the dog walked on the river fetching the dead ducks. His friend neither had a comment nor a compliment on the bizarre dog. So the man asked if his friend had noticed something strange about his dog. The friend replied, ‘yes your dog is strange .It can't swim.’
Humans with this attitude are ‘energy drainers’ all through their life. God help them!!
The only way to face jealousy is to take it as a compliment in disguise .Remember this quote, the tree that bears the most fruits also gets the most stones.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so true!!!
gud one kantha! :)

La said...

hey i like the new look :) keep t for a while.

I already talked to you about your post on chat, but for many years later if you want to know what I said: I liked it, and I agree. And I really liked that little anecdote. :)

Shrikanth said...

thank u,...

Piggy said...

liked the last line. very true and equally important.

Rookie said...

Cool dog! Where can I get one? I promise I'll treat him well.